Assalamualaikum,
Yes this is my second post for today. This post was originally a postscript for the previous post, but as I was typing it, it became several paragraphs. Haha so, here it is.. a brand new post.
Today is already the 11th day of Movement Control Order (MCO) or more popularly called Restricted Movement Order (RMO) in Malaysia. Simply put, self-quarantine due to the novel Coronavirus pandemic.
My extroverted husband has already lost his motivation (if not sanity) being cooped up in our small home. He longs for freedom, going out and about, meeting people and socializing. Poor him. Even taking out the trash is a joy for him now. And he can't wait for the next groceries shopping.
Whilst I am more towards shutting myself in my working room enjoying my me-time. I am just happy working from home, without feeling guilty or being judged. Working at home is already my work style for quite some times. I rarely go to my lab nowadays (before the RMO), even my lab-mates have started clapping with joy or throwing surprised expressions (as sarcasm) whenever I came to the lab (or sometimes they just ignore my existence altogether). But I know they love me as much I love them :p
To be honest, not having the freedom to go out whenever I want or need, is not that fun even to an introvert like me. This RMO is slowly eating up my sanity too. I need fresh air and sunshine every now and then too. I can't imagine those living with kids in a small house with no yard like us. Must have lost their sanity much earlier. The smaller the house, and the more the people --- the more the frictions and higher risk of conflicts.
I have LOADS to be GRATEFUL for. We have --- not just a roof above our heads --- but a complete home. Alhamdulillah. I am not just --- not-alone --- I'm with my better half. Alhamdulillah. We are in good health so far, alhamdulillah. My allowance is still on, like usual so we don't have to worry about money much. Alhamdulillah. We have food on our table, running water, electricity and internet connection.. Alhamdulillah.
I also managed to bring home my work PC just before the RMO started.. Alhamdulillah. So I can only blame ME and myself if I am not being productive as much as I should. Astaghfirullah.
Anyway.. those who were infected (and some died) due to this pandemic, mostly are good people, especially those who comes from the 'tabligh' background (at least in Malaysia). Pandemic, and the loss of great believers in Islam are some of the signs that 'The End' is near.
I read somewhere once, before the Day of Judgement, Allah will take all the muslims (good believers) from this world so that they won't have to experience the terror and chaos of the end of the world. The ones that are left then are the non-believers (and the ones with faith so weak that they will easily swayed by Dajjal's promises). Naudzubillah min dzalik.
Is this not a reminder enough for us?
Let's make this quarantine as a chance to get closer to Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment