adakah masih ada rasa malu?

drp Umran bin Husain ra, Rasullulah telah bersabda
'malu tidak mendatangkan sesuatu kecuali yg baik'
(riwayat bukhari)

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Impress

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Assalamualaikum.

I remembered those days when I used to update several times a day. It's one of the ways for me to reconnect with myself. I used to be so worked out thinking that I am not so good in communication. I am so socially awkward. I wished I could be (at least, look) natural. I went on auto-pilot more than you would imagine. That explains why I could slipped out a 'thank you' while greeting (read: berlaga pipi) a friend instead of saying something like 'Hi, how are you?' (embarrassing moments).

I like being around friends but then it would drain out my energy so bad. I would need some me-time to recuperate. I used to imagine a scenario that (I think) could/would happens in future and keep making a play inside my mind, practicing what I would say and react then. I lived my life trying to impress people, trying so hard not to look too awkward or weird. I felt the need to fit in.

But now, all I want is to direct myself and keep reminding myself that it is Allah only that I need to impress. Allah, and only Allah. No matter how forgetful I could get, I want to keep being reminded. Cause chasing on people is a waste of time. You could fight your life away just to impress somebody, only to end up being left eventually, draining away all your hard-earned confidence and self-esteem.

Feelings are temporary. Life is temporary. This Dunya is temporary. Nothing lasts. People change.  People will even forget you one day. Even memories fade away.

"So if you're chasing a feeling, you'll always be chasing"
-This is Love by Y. Mogahed




Psst: I've just recently added Life is Like a Boat by Rie Fu, just becausee..

No comments: