adakah masih ada rasa malu?

drp Umran bin Husain ra, Rasullulah telah bersabda
'malu tidak mendatangkan sesuatu kecuali yg baik'
(riwayat bukhari)

Friday, May 24, 2013

Mirrors

Assalamualaikum.

Once, a friend of mine said to me (in a very low voice)..
"Kesian jadi kawan tikah.." 

Eventhough she never elaborate
or explain the exact reason why she said that,

from that moment on,
this very single phrase will always be a minute reminder to me.
I just really wanted her to know, I appreciate those words a lot

It's true you see, the saying: a friend is a mirror, a reflection of you.
Sometimes it doesn't mean that your friend and you are just the same,
that when your friend is evil, that means you are too, or vice versa.
But your friends' courage, success, determination, values, forgiveness etc.
as well as their past mistakes, sins, and shortcomings and flaws
are there for us to see and reflect upon, and learn from each other
every now and then.

Know that it's never just because you claim you know someone better,
because he/she is your friend, so you have all the more reason to judge him/her.

I believe friends are bound to correct each other :)
Nikmat ukhuwah :)

JT - Mirrors ---Lagu favourite Munirah ---

ps. And I know very well I'm just not the best of a friend could be, but let's just believe everyone is trying their best to be better each day, just like you and you and you.

No comments: