adakah masih ada rasa malu?

drp Umran bin Husain ra, Rasullulah telah bersabda
'malu tidak mendatangkan sesuatu kecuali yg baik'
(riwayat bukhari)

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

targus

"I secretly wished for.."

Bismillah dan Assalamualaikum.

It was four years ago. The first time I set my eyes on it, I just fell in love so much I think couldn't love anything else (read: any other brands of backpack). I first saw it on Gan, and then Din. All black, tough and convenient. Since then, I secretly wish for a Targus. Why secretly? Because it is something too expensive for me.. it feels wrong wanting expensive things..

And I'm the type of person that will not buy a new bag if the current one still in good condition. The same goes for my wallet, my watch, my handphone, and my shoes. That's why, should I ever need to buy one, I'll always try to look for those that are durable, tough, and long-lasting. All or nothing. Like... Targus? Hurmm.. And since I always get an immediate replacement (from people around me, murah rezeki alhamdulillah) everytime I came to need a new one, so getting a Targus should have to wait.

So what is the point of this entry?

Last year, my sis got a Targus backpack from her colleagues as a birthday gift. Envious? Of course. But only a bit. Because it's a birthday gift, and the place where she works at is a big company, so it's okay.. Sesuailah. But.. last weekend she said she got another Targus backpack. And this time it was as a doorgift from a company event. What? How cruel is that? Huhuhu proves how so very little I know about this world. It has never occured to me that something so expensive like a Targus backpack could ever be made as mere doorgifts... Huhu *choked on jealousy* As I went almost speechless with the fact that I just learned, she raised her eyebrows and said to me (and she repeated it twice), "Best kan kerja oil & gas~"

I don't really know what she meant by that, but I immediately translated it as "you (still) have to earn it (either directly or not)"Bersusah-susah dahulu, bersenang-senang kemudian. So, I'm okay now. Someday, I will make one mine *ambitious*

When I finally come to really need it and can afford it, still. Haha. I don't wanna be materialistic actually.. Sesungguhnya dunia ini hanyalah kesenangan yang menipu..

Mode: Still battling with my innerself.


Ps. Happy birthday Eja Hasan yang sedang berhoneymoon~ :)

No comments: