I was googling some informations for bioethics Assignment
when I suddenly found something intriguing.
I've been ignorant of their existence up until now.
Anencephalic Babies
The literal meaning of anencephaly is "no brain." But the term is not exactly accurate for
an = negative enkephalos = brain
describing the condition of anencephalic babies. Such babies have no cerebrum or cerebellum but they do have a brain stem. The brain stem allows them to breathe and allows their hearts to beat. But the babies cannot see, hear, or feel anything. They will never be able to think or achieve what is called "personhood."
Interesting, no?
It's kinda scary too.
Not just because of some of the disturbing images,
but because of the thought that
it might just happens to anybody.
Even YOU.
Even ME.
What if one day,
it's not just a story of other people's life?
What if one day, it's about my life? My own baby?
Impossible is nothing right?
"His Command, when He intends anything, is only that He says to it, "Be' then (and there) it is - (Kun Fayakun)" (Yaasiin : 82)
Naudzubillah min dzalik.
Astaghfirullah.
No comments:
Post a Comment